SILVERLINK'S CONSUMER HEALTH
As healthcare executives, we have an awesome and inherent responsibility to engage, educate and empower individuals in their health decisions. When one person decides to smoke, another gets a cancer screening, and a third abandons medication — these are the individual behaviors that we, as an industry, can measurably impact to improve the health of our country and reduce its costs.
SEEING HEALTHCARE THROUGH THE EYES OF THE CONSUMER
Join us at RESULTS 2011, Silverlink's Consumer Health Engagement Conference, where we will showcase the year's most successful programs that empower better health.
Join us for two days of innovation — hear case studies, best practices and consumer insights that truly help us see healthcare through the eyes of the consumer.
Join us to see what happens when the best of healthcare communications meets the best of consumer marketing.
And most importantly, join us to celebrate the accomplishments of your colleagues as they share proven ways to motivate better health.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Proven strategies for engaging members and driving behavior
- Successful techniques for personalized and flexible communications campaigns
- Best practices for consumer loyalty and retention
- Innovative methods for driving clinical outcomes that improve HEDIS and Star ratings
- Strategies for adherence to medications and care regimens
- Implementations for multi-channel and mobile media programs
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
- Colleagues and industry peers from leading commercial, Medicare and Medicaid plans, pharmacy, and population health companies
- Executives in member and consumer engagement
- Leading clinical and medical directors responsible for quality measures
- Leaders in individual and retail health insurance markets
Atul Gawande, MD, MPH
Surgeon and Noted Author, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, The New Yorker magazine
Bari A. Harlam
Senior Vice President Member Engagement
BUZZ About RESULTS
"This is one of the most valuable conferences I attend each year.
I walk away with actionable ideas for member engagement and new ideas to bring back to my organization."